Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

mysql table
Hi,

I need to create a new table on an already existing Mariadb.
To be absolutly sure that eventual further problems during the installation process are  not caused by a wrong-functioning TABLE  I need to know  how this Table  (user rights, syntax,etc) shall look like.

Ps.-I´m running PHP 7.1
Hi you can install Commentics to your existing database. Just make sure to enter a table prefix during the installer (step 6 of the below guide).

The installation guide also recommends which privileges your database user should have (step 5).

https://www.commentics.org/installation
Have you completed the interview?
Hi ,The issue with the table seems to be solved.
I have  reinstalled the program three or four times already.Firdt time did work for a while.then suudenly the page on wich I had attached the script didn´,t load back when a new comment was swnd.Just returned a black page adter a long time .
Have the same problem after rel-installation  2 -3.I suspect it can be caused either by the renamed folders or/and by a php code conflict.My site is writen in php and so far only reachable  through  log in.Can  <?php session_start(); ?> be causing the conflict?
I have also noticed that the  frontend/index  show just a blank page when I view it directly on the browser.

<?php

$cmtx_identifier = '1';

$cmtx_reference  = 'Page One';

$cmtx_folder     = '/commentics/';

require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

?>

I just wish it would work and intend to get the upgraded version but need to be 100% sure it will be stable ,and remain so.
Going mad with this thing!
It's normal for /frontend/index.php to not show anything when viewing directly in the browser.

If you're seeing a blank page elsewhere, have a look at the 'How do I fix a strange problem?' FAQ in the 'General' section below:
https://www.commentics.org/faq

Let me know any errors you find and I'll be able to help.
Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MySQL Version 5.5.52 is not supported - why? alexborg 6 1,713 15-Dec-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: alexborg
Lightbulb Installation error (MySQL error?) Static 11 7,462 14-Sep-2012, 11:53 PM
Last Post: nilsingvarsson
  mysql table prefix error trev40 2 2,580 17-Dec-2010, 11:26 PM
Last Post: trev40
  Possible MySQL Version Conflict Caps 2 1,943 12-Nov-2010, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Caps
  mysql error aaddllii 13 6,355 01-Sep-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Static