Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Close Form
I can do this myself when I get Commentics somewhat figured out and know where it needs to go, but it might be nice to put it in the code and admin:

A clickable link to close the form.

I have just installed the system and really like it, but it's on a content-laden page with stuff underneath it.
Hi,

There's an option in Layout -> Form -> General to initially hide the form with a link to open it.

I think what you're asking is for the form to be initially open with a link to close it?
Have you completed the interview?
(14-Nov-2013, 01:42 PM)Steven Wrote: Hi,

There's an option in Layout -> Form -> General to initially hide the form with a link to open it.

I think what you're asking is for the form to be initially open with a link to close it?

No, what I'm looking for is a link that will close the form after it is opened. In other words, when the "Open Form" link is clicked, I want to unhide a Close Form element with the property onclick="cmtx_close_form()".

My real problem is that I've never used a complex system with constants and such complex cross-inclusion like this. In other words, for instance, I see where the default function is located on line 370 of template/form.php but I don't know where to find the elements cmtx_open_form and cmtx_hide_form. Another example, I see the if clause that controls the default and the event handler, beginning line 406, but I don't know where CMTX_OPEN_FORM is defined.

If this were a simple php page with a .js include, I'd be fine to do it myself. I'm just not used to reading scripts at this high of a level.

The code is so nice and neat and well-commented, I'm embarrassed to ask. You've done a really nice job with this. I have no ambitions as a coder though. I spend most of my time creating content and just learned enough code to do my own thing. This is really only the second time I've installed third-party software and used it, the other being WordPress, and all I do with that is make changes directly onto the css file.

Anyway, Thanks for this nice program. It's been a big hit with my readers so far.
Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

I'll see if I can add a hide form link for the next version.
Have you completed the interview?
(19-Nov-2013, 10:45 PM)Steven Wrote: Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

I had some time over the weekend to read the code. I bet I beat you to it.

If I do one I'll post it for critique. There are a couple of other things I'd like to do (or figure out, since they might already be in there somewhere).
(19-Nov-2013, 10:45 PM)Steven Wrote: Thanks, I'm pleased you like the script.

Hi Steven - firstly thanks for great script. Much appreciated.

Just uploaded 2.5 and can't see it in there - did it get added? Would love to be able to close form after comment submitted.

Paul

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Comments Form's elements links to local jackson 5 2,593 08-Feb-2015, 07:01 AM
Last Post: jackson
  Focus on reply and post form and more frontend admin functions tvladan 1 1,306 17-Jan-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Steven
  reorder fields of form aaddllii 0 1,094 11-Aug-2010, 08:00 PM
Last Post: aaddllii